PB Apartment with Garden and Pool
You can choose with A / C or without A / C.
This lovely apartment has a spacious living room, with 3 bedrooms, two bathrooms (one en suite) and a guest toilet, fully equipped kitchen and a beautiful patio. Ideal for 6 people located on ground floor.
It is located 10 minutes walk from the center, easy parking and very quiet place. There are different supermarkets and cafes, close to the area.
This apartment allows you to enjoy the proximity to the beautiful beaches Cala San Vicente or Formentor, while allowing you to visit the pretty village of Pollença with its streets, square, restaurants, shops ... All this a short drive away.
In this area you can enjoy all kinds of marine activities, diving, surfing, skate surfing, hiking, road biking, paragliding, horse riding, golf, tennis, adventure sport, etc.
|Weekly rate for up to 7 guests||R 9097 ZAR|
|Check-in after||2 PM|
|Check-in before||On arrangement|
|Check-out before||10 AM|
Reviews for this host's other properties
I have mixrd feelings towads our stay in this Appartment.
First the positive aspects:
- the appartment is pretty big, it has 3 bedrooms, 1 kitchen, a bathroom a floor and a small bath adjacent to the upper bedroom. The terrace is large and one has a great view of the sea. One bedroom has 2 single beds and the other bedroms have queen sized beds. The uper bedroom has a large window facing to the sea and another window facing to a neighboring house.
- the appartment is furnished as visible on the pictures and the kitchenis fully equipped with more than yo uneed. A dishwasher and a washing machine are available
- after one week our towels and linnen on the beds was exchanged
- the owner of the apartment lives below the appartment in the same house and also owns the restaurant Simbad about 300 meters away. She was extremely helpfull and very freindly and welcoming.
However, we also had some negative experiences:
- the apartment is advertised as having air condition. Air condition was indeed important to my decision to book this apartment since Mallorca can be very hot. Indeed this year was extremely hot even for Mallorca and also very humit. As it turned out only the uper bedroom has aircondtion and the rest of the aprtment has no aircondition at all.
When I complained to WIMDO I was, after some forth and back, informed, that it is compliant with WIMDUs policies to advertise an appartment as having air condition even if only one room has aircondition and that this was my bad luck. Well - thank you WIMDU....
I was also told that if I want a reduction of the price I would have to negotiate that with the owner. However in my views the fault was not made by the owner but by the person who set up the description of the appartment (I think this was Jimena)
- The 2 other bedrooms have one window each which faces a restaurant that is right next door. If you open the windows you have a lot of noice until 1 am in the morning and starting at 8 am at the latest again. You also have the "pleasure" of kitchen smell and garbage piling up directly under your window almost up to the window itself. Since the house and restaurant are so close you get almost no fresh air even if you the windos. However, if you do not open the windows you will not be able to bear the heat and humidity and the bad air accumulating over time. So, regarless what you do - it was close to impossible to sleep before 1 am or all night because even when the restaurant calmed down it was still unbearably hot and humit.
When we told the owner about our problems she reacted very nicely:
- she made the restaurant cover the space they used such that we did no longer have to watch the garbage
- she bought some air fans such that we can better stand the heat
- she talked with the restaurant to make them reduce the noise
She also said that she will install an air condition in the whole appartment next year.
I would advise hat you check with her before booking
I also had problems with the air condition in the upper bedroom: It started leaking water most of the days we stayed in the appartment. The leaking was irregular but so loud that it made you wake up we regularly had a puddle on the flor. Again the owner was very friendy and immediatly called a mechanic. But the mechanic was unable to fix the problem and it remained throughout our stay for most of the time.
The exchange with WIMDU was in my eyes extremely unsatisfactory and bordering on unfriendly. I think they should have reduced the price of the aprtment. I believe they charge more than 25% of the rent and think this is not apropriate especialy in this case. I will probably never ever use WIMDU again.
I would only consider renting the aparment again if and once it has AC throughout so one is not forced to open the windows to the restaurant....
- Quality assured accommodation
- Every host is verified by telephone
- Secure payment via SSL encryption