What a view - and it comes with an apartment!
- Family/child friendly
- Pets allowed
- Parking available
- Lockable room
|Address||Maison du Soleil, Saint Lucia, West Indies La Borne, Saint Lucia|
* Well-appointed, light and airy studio apartment (300 sq ft) with kitchenette, Queen-size bed, bath, veranda and garden.
* Particularly suitable for ecotourists and nature lovers, who prefer the serenity of this hillside retreat to the bustling beach resorts, yet wish to have all major tourist attractions within quick and easy reach.
* Saint Lucian-German owned and managed.
Maison du Soleil is tucked high into the hillsides of La Borne, overlooking the northern tip of Saint Lucia. From your veranda, you look over Pigeon Island National Monument as well as Rodney Bay with its beaches and marina. On clear days, you can see as far as the neighbouring island of Martinique. You enjoy the tranquillity of the mountains; yet, within a 15-minute-drive, most major tourist attraction of northern Saint Lucia are at your fingertips – with the knowledge that you can withdraw to your retreat just as quickly at any time. The local bus stops directly in front of the property.
* Renovated in 2012
* Firm, high-quality mattress (Queen-size: 152 cm x 203 cm)
* Wireless internet access
* Electricity: 220V, UK 3-pin outlets, with adapters for several European and American plugs
* Gas stove with four burners and oven
* Large (220 l) refrigerator/freezer
* Tableware and seating for 4 persons
* Radio alarm clock
* Outdoor BBQ grill
* Fire extinguisher
* Non-smoking room
* Pets welcome
* Private bathroom
* We speak English, Kwéyòl, German, Spanish and French.
* Internet (if you have your own computer)
* Bird watching perch: the Antillean euphonia (Euphonia musica) and the endemic Saint Lucian pewee (Contopus oberi) may be seen
* Access to small private library that specializes on natural resources and history of the Caribbean
* Use of BBQ station
* Utilities: water, gas, electricity, home-made charcoal
* Mini pantry: minor ingredients (salt, pepper, sugar, oil, vinegar, etc.) and items you need in small quantities and don't necessarily want to buy
* Incipient book exchange - it's up to you to make it grow
* Cleaner, change of sheets and towels: once a week
* Parking within compound walls
Ask about our special rates!
* overwintering package (2+ months)
* summer special (2+ months)
* repeat visitor (different trip only)
Additional services available to our guests (additional fees apply):
* Air beds for up to two children
* Breakfast or food basket, home-made wholemeal bread
* Laundry service
Attractions in immediate surroundings (within 15 min drive):
* Caribbean beaches
* Multitude of water sports, including parasailing, Scuba/PADI, Snuba, Sea-Trek and marine kayaking
* Pigeon Island: Fort Rodney and other historic monuments, recreational park and beach.
* Boat and land excursions:
* Sunset cruise, catamaran sailing
* Hiking, horseback riding & ATV tours
* Round-the-island tours, day trips
* Caribbean culture: live music, Limbo dancing, Gros Islet street party, Salsa fiesta
* Main venues of the world-famous Saint Lucia Jazz Festival, 30 April to 11 May, 2014
* Capoeira training
* Gym/fitness studio
* Wellness studio/massages
* Shopping, banks
* Restaurants with wide culinary offer
Nearby attractions (15 to 45 min drive):
* Rainforest hikes in the Saint Lucia Forest Reserve, the home of the endemic Saint Lucian parrot, Amazonas versicolor
* Ziplining und rainforest canopy tram; Segway Tours
* Whale- & Dolphin-watching boat excursions, sport- & deep sea fishing
* Nesting of marine turtles (seasonal)
* Open-air museums Lushan Country Life & Fond Latisab Creole Park
* Minizoo & nature trail
* Arawak excavations, petroglyphs
* Castries heritage walk
* Galleries of local artists
* Golf and tennis courts
* Car-, motorbike and bicycle hire
* George Charles Airport (SLU)
* Ferry to Martinique, Dominica and Guadeloupe
Attractions in region (45 to 90 min drive):
* Maria Island Nature Reserve with four endemic reptiles, including the world’s rarest snake, the St. Lucia racer (Liophis ornatus)
• Pitons World Heritage Site, ascent to the summit, Tete Paul trail
• Sulphur springs, drive-in-volcano & geological museum
• Thermal springs & baths
* Two Ramsar wetland sites with rare bird species
* Choiseul Arts & Craft Centre, pottery
* Botanical gardens
* Hewanorra International Airport (UVF)
House rulesHouse Rules:
* Our check-in and check-out is flexible, but please coordinate before arriving: we both work and need to agree on a mutually convenient slot.
* No smoking inside apartment
* No engaging in illegal activities anywhere on Maison du Soleil property
* Casual acquaints should not be brought to Maison du Soleil, as attention from strangers is sometimes motivated by opportunism and may lead to crime. If you have friends on Saint Lucia, whom you would like to invite over for a meal, drink or chat, please let us know in advance and we are happy to facilitate.
* Clothes and wet towels should be dried on the lines under the house only.
* Use only 220V appliances (except shaver); no transformers, please.
* Maison du Soleil’s tap water is entirely rain-fed and solar-heated. Enjoy it, but do not waste it. We do not recommend visitors drink our tap water. For this purpose, we provide carbon-filtered municipal (treated & potable) tap water free of charge.
* We separate non-biodegradable from organic waste for composting. Please collaborate by using the two bins provided accordingly. This not only helps our organic garden, but also prevents vermin and stray dogs being attracted by the garbage placed outside for collection and disposal.
* Guests visit Maison du Soleil entirely at their own risk, i.e. management is not responsible for any injury or loss sustained. Children need to be supervised by a parent or guardian at all times.
|Weekly rate for 1 guest||R 4470 ZAR|
|Monthly rate for 1 guest||R 16107 ZAR|
|Price for > 1 guests||R 57 ZAR per guest/night extra|
|Maximum nights||3 months|
|Check-in after||3 PM|
|Check-in before||10 PM|
|Check-out before||11 AM|
- Quality assured accommodation
- Every host is verified by telephone
- Secure payment via SSL encryption